Friday, June 26, 2009

Getting a handle on it


BEFORE



AFTER

T
oday’s project was drilling new holes and installing the vanity hardware in the guest bath. I bought the brushed nickel Asian-inspired pulls in bulk on eBay, so I’ve got to find more places to use them! I sanded, primed, and painted the vanity a few weeks ago, but the paint was still soft and needed to cure for a while, so I put off adding the pulls. I had to wallpaper over the inset door panels with grasscloth because the plaid wallpaper was permanently adhered.

The custom shower curtain is hung, but I haven’t added the trim yet or made the matching valance for the window, so that’s next. And then it's on to resurfacing the laminate countertop and replacing the faucets. I’m really glad it’s coming together; 70’s avocado green is the new millennium’s olive!

No comments:

Post a Comment