Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pocket Perfect

To complement Jeff's new suits (and his several new ties I picked up at the thrift store for less than a $1 each!), I made him some pocket squares. I looked at buying them, but they were around $8-10 a piece for just a little scrap of silk. So, I hit a few fabric stores and bought 1/3 yard each of various satins and silky blends. With a carpenter's square, the zig-zag setting on my trusty sewing machine, and a few hours one afternoon, I whipped these up to coordinate with Jeff's wardrobe.

I still need one or two green tones and a few more shades of blue to work with all his ties, but it's a start (trying to find "manly" colors in the special occasion fabrics for weddings and proms is a bit difficult ;-).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment