Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Double Date

We had a lovely weekend with two dates in two days! Saturday evening, Jeff took me the symphony for the last pops concert of the season. It featured two soloist and a choir performing music from Broadway, musicals, filmscores and Disney movies. The female vocalist was the woman who performed the original Ariel in The Little Mermaid! That is probably the first movie I remember seeing in the theater. I was about 9 or 10 and my mom took my sister and me to The Little Mermaid while my dad took my two older brothers to a Star Trek movie (I think that's what it was; some sort of sci-fi anyway).

Jeff and I had great balcony seats for the performance, but we also had the trifecta of concert difficulties; loud talkers behind, tall people in front, and a woman with overwhelming perfume beside! At the intermission, Jeff moved us to some empty seats that had an even better view than the ones we had paid more for, and we were able to thoroughly the enjoy the remainder of the concert in perfect comfort.
Photobucket

Sunday evening, we went to dinner followed by the UAH semi-finals basketball game. It might not sound like much, but the UAH team is ranked 7th in the nation for Division II basketball. That's pretty impressive for a bunch of short, white engineers. Okay, they don't all fit all three of those categories, but I think every one of them fits at least one! It was a very exciting game with UAH finally winning by 3 in overtime. We're off to the final game of the regionals tonight to see if they can hold off Stillman!
Photobucket
The win!

No comments:

Post a Comment