Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fruit Flies >:(

I was saving several bananas to let them get really ripe and sweet for my tropical fruit punch recipe, and now I've bred fruit flies! I almost think Louis Pasteur was wrong when he disproved spontaneous generation. How else could my bananas suddenly spawn a whole host of tiny winged insects within a matter of hours? His biogenesis experiment obviously wasn't conducted in my kitchen fruit basket! So now we are trying to trap the tiny nuisances, or at least lure them away from my cake project with a sacrificial treat. The funny thing is, I'm making the punch for the same special occasion as the cake; it's quite the Catch-22!

1 comment:

  1. URGH! There's nothing worse than pests, the name says it all. It does seem at times that those pests appear out of no where. May you be able to rid yourself of them.

    ReplyDelete