Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Puffed up again

I've been awaiting the arrival of a very necessary baking component for almost a week now. After discarding all leavening agents, I'm starting fresh with new baking soda, baking powder (always aluminum free!), and my very favorite, never-fail, go-to yeast, SAF. I have to special order the SAF, so that's why I've been on pins and needles the last few days. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm always nervous about my loaves if I don't have SAF. Thankfully it arrived safe and sound, ready to produce another year's worth of tasty, chewy, hardy, healthy bread.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah reading this reminded me about when I bought my leavening agents I noticed this time that the Bob's Red Mill recommended storing the baking soda in the refrigerator or the freezer. I had never noticed that before. Do you store yours in your cupboards or in the fridge or freezer? Isn't that first loaf just grand!

    ReplyDelete