Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My new favorite shade

I've had a variety of favorite colors in my three decades. My first was blue, which persisted for many years and slowly transitioned into aqua, turquoise, and finally settled on greens. To my knowledge, I was never a fan of pink or purple or other "girly" colors. Now, I'm finding that I am really attracted to the many shades of orange, particularly the brown and red based ones! Anything cinnamon, russet, deep pumpkin, rust, copper, terra cotta, etc. They just make me feel happy and cozy. I love that it is autumn, as these shades are really popular and readily available in this season.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am finding an affinity to those same colors! And as with you, I was not drawn to the pinks or "girly" colors. I've incorporated those colors into our recent remodel--browns, burnt orange, deep reds, and deep yellows...warmth abounds!

    ReplyDelete