Friday afternoon, we had our new dishwasher installed. Now, Sunday night, we don't. It's been an entire day of leveling, installing, attaching, and then redoing it all. And then again. These high end appliances are not standard in any way, and certainly not easy!
After putting the counters on this morning, we realized the dishwasher drawers were too low following the initial install. So we measured, discussed, remeasured, consulted, measured thrice, and proceeded to remove and reinstall the dishwasher. Four hours later, it was level and reattached to the cabinets. Only to find that now it was too tall by 3/8 of an inch.
You'd think we could tell this during the process and not after, but leveling the unit requires removing the bottom dishdrawer to get to the little threaded feet. A socket set won't fit, and no one has a 5 mm open end wrench, so Jeff has been crouched on his knees for most of the day spinning a little crescent wrench around and around, first up and then down, trying to get the whole dishdrawer level, square, and plumb in a house that is decidedly not.