Thursday, April 12, 2012

Incognito

I've been busy blending. All the new electrical and plumbing conduit on the sides of the house were bothering me (as well as a few old pieces), so I used our leftover house paint to disguise them. I still need to borrow an extension ladder to paint the top part where it overlays the clapboard siding, but I'm out of that paint at the moment. Sherwin Williams is having one of their huge 40% seasonal sales next week, so I'm going to pick up a gallon of exterior paint for that. It's never a bad idea to have extra on hand for touch-ups.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The utility company won't allow painting the meter face (for good reason!), but the rest of the box is open territory. I haven't decided whether to paint the cable box or just have Charter come remove their equipment, since we don't have cable, dish, etc.

While I had the paintbrush wet, I decided to do a little faux finishing on the front, too. The lattice-work brick on the porch had collapsed some time in the past, and the repair job was less than professional. Gobs of cement were smeared on the face of the brick and the mortar lines were thick, clumsy, and unattractive. I used matching paint to clean up the facade as best I could. Not perfect, but better.

Before:
Photobucket
After:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment