Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Some Egg-cellent Meals

With the abundance of eggs produced from our feathered friends, I have been finding some creative ways to use our bounty. I did eggs benedict (without the ham, but I did serve turkey sausage on the side):

Photobucket
The sauce sort of disappeared, but it tasted great!

I added hardboiled eggs to our salads:
Photobucket

And I made a chili cheese puff for dinner last night:
Photobucket
A tasty recipe courtesy of Kelly Havens from the Indianapolis area

I have some quiches and frittatas next on the menu!

4 comments:

  1. Some deviled eggs for snacks at services one week would use up a good deal of them! The meals look great! I've always loved adding hard boiled eggs to salad...yummy!
    Also, egg salad sandwiches...great for summer days! Then again, with this weather, it's not really summer anymore, is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good way to get your protein! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These recipes sound delicious! With our guineas, chickens and turkeys, we're always looking for egg recipes.
    Anna's right! Egg salad sandwiches are great and so are deviled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we're definitely getting our protein! And our cholesterol, too, but I guess they (the "they" who are in the know ;-) are saying eggs aren't as bad as previously claimed. We're certainly enjoying them!

    I had forgotten about egg salad sandwiches. That would be a great use. And the deviled eggs. The only problem is, these fresh eggs have harder shells and are very hard to peel. I've been using the oldest eggs for hard-boiling (since I remember reading somewhere that old eggs are easier to peel than fresh), but "old" around here is really only about a week after laid. That's still pretty fresh by grocery store standards!

    ReplyDelete