Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Put it in Brackets

The kitchen improvements are slowly carrying on. The latest small victory is the open shelving and new 36" base cabinet to the left of the fridge. It's at the end of the run and not in a terribly useful spot, but it's visible from the dining and living rooms, so I think I can utilize it to form a nice vignette.

It's my $50 fix for a three foot stretch. I found the base cabinet at a salvage place; it was damaged on the sides and stained a dark reddish color, but I was pretty sure I could work with it for the price. The brackets were purchased off Craigslist for a few dollars apiece because they were mispainted by a local cabinetry shop. A pine board and a length of trim capped off the project. I'll be using a temporary piece of countertop until I get ready for the laundry room counter and can order them both together.

Photobucket
+
Photobucket
+
Photobucket
=

2012-6-24002

So, to recap:
Before
Photobucket


After
IMG_1251

No comments:

Post a Comment