Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We'll leave a light on for you...

The garden tour inspired me to finally install our low voltage landscape lights. After discovering how incredibly easy it is, I am rather embarrassed to admit that I bought the lights on clearance three years ago for the last house! And yet somehow never got around to putting them in. Oh well, that just means they were practically free now (in my very warped accounting sense ;-).

They must have been discontinuing them because LED lights now are brighter and warmer in their color temperature. But light is light, and I'm not going to be picky about brightening up the dark. I still need to splice the cord to lengthen and adjust the spotlights washing the porch railing, and I'm thinking about adding some solar lights up on the gable dormer. But it gives a nice welcome at twilight. And the appearance of a runway, since our sidewalk still goes to nowhere! Here's to hoping you achieve lift-off before you reach the end.

lights1


lights2

No comments:

Post a Comment