Monday, December 17, 2012

Tinker Tiles

The tiled shower is coming along. Our tile guy, David, is slow but meticulous. He's also doing all the dry wall taping and mudding, so that takes time. And I keep adding little details, like a larger, centered niche and marble shelves and thresholds and a chair rail accent tile with mitered returns and ... In addition to meticulous, he's very patient!

Photobucket

On another note, Jeff and I have started working more diligently on the second floor. Everything, and I mean everything, was painted flat mint green. I'm currently repainting the ceiling in the hallway and stairwell, and then it will be on to trim. But I did the cutting in first so Jeff could hang my newest eBay purchase, a vintage brass pan light! I love how it ties together with the antique five light chandelier we hung in the foyer last year.

2012-12-19015
Close up of new (old) upstairs hall fixture

2012-12-18001
View from the bottom of the stairs

9Foyer
Closeup of downstairs foyer chandelier

Photobucket
Foyer light

No comments:

Post a Comment