Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Daily Dinners

I would have to admit that I have been heating foods more than cooking lately. With most of my pantry and cupboard stores located in the empty upstairs bedrooms, and given the very limited counter space of the laundry room, we have done a large share of soups, sandwiches, salads, and the like. I found a great line of prepared Indian foods, which come with basmati rice and pouches of various curries. These are amazingly healthy with no preservatives and lots of vegetables, spices, and pulse. Apple slices and raw veggies with dip have also been a regular portion at most every meal.

But I did manage to cook a fairly decent dinner yesterday. It necessitated running upstairs two or three times and out to the shop once, but I gathered all the ingredients and prepared the chicken, stuffing, gravy, and glazed sweet potatoes without major incident (unless you count discovering mice in my upstairs food storage area as "incident", which I prefer to call "Jeffrey emergency").

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment